Friday 13 April 2012

Yandles woodworking show.


Here's my stand set up the night before the show. I take my small bench to demonstrate dovetailing as well as letting people have a go with my planes etc. The show seems to grow every year and it was packed all day, I didn't get a chance to visit other stands, maybe it will be a little quieter tomorrow.


Yandles has always been a wood yard and here's a picture of the massive crane they used to use for moving logs across the yard.



I always get tools and furniture brought in which has been inspired by the many articles I've written for Furniture and Cabinetmaking magazine. These photos are of some very nice pivot hinge boxes with some amazing marketry, see below.




Yandles is set in a very picturesque part of Somerset with some wonderful old country houses, this is Montecute House about 3 miles from the show. Now that's what you call a grand entrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment