Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Dovetails from Switzerland.
Here's a shot of a drawer front cut with the 372 saw and 1:7 guide, just waiting to be cleaned up. The drawer is destined to be used with NK slides.
There are a number of things I like about this apart from being perfectly executed.
1. The pins are delicate without being too thin.
2. The end pin matches and has not been cut fat.
3. The half blind recess is equally delicate.
4. The pins have an odd number which leaves one in the middle, nice symmetry.
5. The spacing has been done by eye and not perfectly measured.
There are 20 drawers in this project and I look forward to seeing the final result.