Thursday 19 January 2017

Great Tip for Bobbin Sanders


Changing the sleeve on your bobbin sander can be a real struggle. When I bought mine, I remember them telling me to use talcum powder but on this 4" by 9" drum there was no way. Of course to those in the know (thank you YouTube) there is a much better way. Put the whole thing in the freezer for an hour and the rubber shrinks enough to get the new sleeve on with no trouble. Of course you have to wait another hour until it warms up before you can use it.
The only thing I would add to this great tip, is to tell the wife about it afterwards or better still don't tell her at all!

2 comments:

  1. I will be trying that the next time I need to change mine as I always have trouble.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, it really works well. All the best, David.

      Delete