Wednesday 1 March 2017

Jewellery Box Finished


I managed to get round to finishing off the box with the mitred corners and dovetailed Dominoes.
See my first post here
http://davidbarronfurniture.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/a-great-way-to-reinforce-mitred-corners.html


The tray is a piston fit and the protruding top has been shaped to give a soft close lid.
The little brown oak stand with the shaped feet adds a bit of interest (and time).
The lid opens exactly where the board transitions from the white to the olive coloured ash, which is nice. The floating panel in the lid is some tightly rippled ash, which is not properly visible (I must get better with my camera).
A full article including all the techniques used will be appearing in Furniture and Cabinetmaking magazine later in the year.
The box will also be on display (and for sale) at the Celebration of Craftsmanship exhibition in August http://www.celebrationofcraftsmanship.com/


9 comments:

  1. I love the way the lid lines up with the colour transition line in the ash and the little scalloped feature for the lid lifting point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And time !!! Very good, lovely box too David. Need to catch up with you on the lining of these boxes, maybe another blog post ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll see what I can do. All the best, David.

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful and elegant! I really enjoy the attention to detail in general as well as the use of grain patterns and wood color. This is a truly gorgeous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another stunner, David! Forgive me if I shamelessly lift some of your ideas for a future project! Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin. No problem I'd like to see some pictures. All the best, David.

      Delete
  5. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Best Social Trading Network!!!

    Join millions who have already found better methods for investing in Ripple.

    Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!

    ReplyDelete