Thursday 25 October 2012

Dream Workshop!


No it's not my workshop! It belongs to Kent Adkins and you can see a video of it here http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-blogs/chris-schwarz-blog/european-dreaming-a-visit-to-kent-adkinss-shop
It's a lovely building with a huge amount of space and just look at that machinery!


I've had a few conversations with Kent recently and he sent me these pictures of a current project in butternut.  This is not a wood I'm familiar with in the UK but apparently it's a cousin of walnut.


Here is a magnificent figured board of butternut with some nice figuring for the top. It measures an impressive 82'' x 22'', well if you have that sort of machinery you might as well make the most of it!

3 comments:

  1. Butternut is white walnut. It has been planted a lot around farms in my part of Nebraska. We have some on my families farm. I hear it is good for carving I need to find out. I know it does work good with and ax as I hewed a log of it once at a threasing bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information, I guess we won't see any this side of the pond. All the best, David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woodworking guide offers anyone of any skill level the ability to build amazing projects. The guide is extra helpful because it offers more detailed explanations, videos and blueprints then your typical woodworker magazine.
    16000 Woodworking Plans With Step-By-Step Details, Photos, Materials Lists And More!
    https://bit.ly/16000plans_wood

    ReplyDelete