Saturday 25 May 2013

Devon Guild of Craftsmen


On my trip to the West Country I called in to the shop/gallery of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen in Bovey Tracey. The picture above shows one of a number of beautifully laid out rooms that make up the fantastic old water mill.


This fine low rocker by John Luff really caught my eye, beautifully made and I'm sure very comfortable. It was priced at £1,500.


Another fine chair this time by Christian O'Reilly as is the box below. The chair cost £1,890


The simple lines of this box in brown oak gave it a very understated but quality feel. Priced at £775 it was superbly made and finished.


Below is another chair this time by David Savage at £1,400. I really like this chair but a simple picture doesn't do it justice you need to see it in the flesh and on the move. I know David doesn't like his work being photographed, very ungenerous, but I did ask permission before taking any of these shots.


The last piece to catch my eye was this side table in ash and scorched ash by Guy Martin. Again another example of fine design and proportion, yours for £1,350.
If you're ever down this way this gallery is well worth a visit, there's plenty more craft items apart from the great selection of furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment