Wednesday 1 May 2013

Dovetails From Jerusalem.


Back in January I had a request from a luthier and woodworker in Israel for information on the making of my dovetail guide for a course he was teaching, I was glad to help.


The guides were made from African Walnut and seem to have turned out well.


Here's a shot with the angles being cut on a chop saw, a bit safer than my table saw jig. I'm just glad they are being made for me now!


One of the jigs in action and a very attentive class, good to see.


Here's the guide being raised to a comfortable height although I prefer sitting down, it's a lot easier on my back!

The happy class gathering round a well used bench, nice to see they are not all male!
The teacher Mishael is the on the left.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for something like this and I am so glad that I finally found it

    Ashteadpark.com

    ReplyDelete