Time to cut the tails. Rather than holding the board horizontally, I angled it to 1:6 so that the cuts would be made vertically, there was no need to mark in the angles first. This was a tip from the Barnsley Workshops.
Angling the board the other way allowed me to cut the other side, again on the vertical.
I used my wonderfully made 'long stroke' dovetail saw made by Skelton saws. It cut so cleanly and quickly I didn't get a chance to wind it up and make some long strokes!
The fit and finish of the saw is faultless.
With all the dovetails cut and fitted, the final job for the day was to sand and finish all the internal surfaces ready for glue up. I used two coats of hand applied melamine lacquer, cut back with an Abralon 600 pad and finished with a coat of Gilly Stephenson's Cabinet Makers Wax with a high carnauba wax content. The final waxing will act as a resist, making glue squeeze out easy to pop off as well as giving a nice smooth surface for the drawers to run on.