Thursday 6 September 2018

Crubber Jaw Lining. Benchcrafted


Having heard lots of great things about Crubber from Benchcrafted, I decided it was time to replace my worn leather jaw lining. I tried Classic Hand Tools in the UK as well as Dieter Schmid in Germany but neither stocked it as an accessory, maybe they should. So a quick look on the internet and I found this, a 2mm thick cork/rubber composite.


It cut easily to size and a couple of strips of 3M double sided tape provided the adhesion.


Before fitting, I chamfered the edges at 45 degrees with a freshly sharpened chisel which should reduce the risk of catching.


As expected it performed remarkably well and should be very durable.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, just what i've been looking for. I was searching the wrng words. The key words are rubber bonded cork sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also look up "Fel-Pro 3019 Gasket Material" on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete