Sunday 8 January 2012

Dovetail Guides









The batch of hammers is complete. The last job was to square the protruding end on a disc sander and seal with a dab of super glue. This allows the hammer to stand on end. It can also sit on its face or on its side, one things for sure it won't roll off the bench!

The next job is to make some more magnetic dovetail guides. I take a 2' long x 60mm square blank of Concalo Alves and cut the profile on the table saw. I then carefully cut the blanks at 10 degrees each side using a cross cut sled on the table saw to give the guides in the picture.
I try to use blanks with the grain running at 45 degrees to reduce the risk of breaking with weak cross grain.







3 comments:

  1. How do I purchase several of your dovetail guides?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, if you e mail me with the ones you are looking for and let me know your country I'll give a price with shipping. I have plenty of all angles in stock. All the best, David.

      Delete
    2. THANKS DAVID. I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A 1:6 AND A 1:8 MAGNETIC GUIDE AND A SMALL BRASS HAMMER THAT YOU USE IN YOUR DEMOS. I LIVE IN DALLAS, TX AND AM JUST FINISHING A SPLIT TOP ROUBO WORK BENCH WITH BENCHCRAFTED VISES AND JUST GETTING INTO HAND WORKING.... PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT pat@patsibley.com with the price and how I can purchase these items on line..
      Thanks
      Pat

      Delete