Friday 19 August 2016

Stunning High Angle Smoothing Plane.


A while back Kim contacted me hoping to add a high angle smoother to his collection. Sadly I had stopped making them at this stage, so he decided to make his own and a fine job he has made.


The body is very rare black and white ebony with a Gabon ebony sole, African blackwood wedge and beautifully turned brass cross pin. The blade is by Ron Hock.


Kim followed plans from an article I wrote in Furniture and Cabinet Making Magazine which is still available if you email the editor Derek Jones derekj@thegmcgroup.com


The build quality and fit and finish are every bit as good as anything I ever made and I'm sure it performs very well. To round it off he made an adjustment hammer from kingwood African blackwood and brass, very nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment