Sunday 16 June 2013

Turning Handles.


My friend Jim has always done my turning both for furniture as well as tools. He is too good and too quick for me to ever to have learned how to turn, which is a shame although now I wouldn't be able to keep up with demand, so I'm very grateful to have his help.
Here are 85 knife handles in African Blackwood, curly madrone and Macasser ebony.


The Macasser ebony looks really nice and a wood I've not used before, I look forward to seeing these finished.


Some bubinga knobs for my jointer planes, arriving just in time as I'm working on a batch of jointers at the moment.


A pile of chisel hammer handles, 104 in all. The wood is beautifully rippled and will look stunning when it's finished.


1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Nice images about this topic. The wood is working on a batch of jointers at the moment and it is beautifully rippled and will look stunning when it's finished.
    Thanks!
    Dining Room Furniture

    ReplyDelete