Saturday 19 November 2016

Angled Dovetail Boxes


I got a chance to squeeze in a bit more work on the angled dovetail boxes, this time shooting the mitred linings. The linings are much less straight forward than for rectangular boxes, with lots of angles and it demands concentration. The Veritas shooting plane was an absolute pleasure to use, with the high carbon blade holding a great edge.
I tried different coloured pig suede for each box, the bottle green and burgundy are a safe bet, but the 'Milk Tray' purple is a bit more risky!


3 comments:

  1. They are looking super David. All settled into your new workshop I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barry, Yes all settled in thank you, I won't be moving again in a rush! All the best, David.

      Delete
  2. They are looking super David. All settled into your new workshop I hope.

    ReplyDelete