Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Australian Wood Review, Latest Issue.


I always look forward to this coming out, just 4 issues a year and all the better for it.
I'm sorry about the sideways pictures, I just can't seem to stop it happening!
Anyway this little sanding device from Evan Dunstone caught my eye, it looks a great way of evenly sanding curves. See more at www.houseofdunstone.com.au


There was a very good article on Waters and Ackland here in the UK. They make some wonderful furniture and run this along side a teaching workshop. It sounds like a great place to get some training.

I was particularly looking forward to this issue as I had written a six page article on the making of a square box with a burr lid cut from a hunk of Australian Red Mallee.
They did a very nice job with the article.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad many of these magazines are available through iTunes. Great article, David. Thanks for letting us know about it. I downloaded it immediately, but now I want a hardcopy!

    Is the mitered lining glued, or does it simply float inside the box? Float doesn't seem like the right term because it's so well fit, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. The lining is dry fitted, carefully! All the best, David.

      Delete