Sunday 22 April 2012

For cutting the very small dovetails on the trays I use a hand made saw by Mitsukawa
http://japantool-iida.com/saw/index_3.html along with a miniature version of my dovetail guide.


The fine dovetail chisels by Blue Spruce are great for working on a smaller scale. The handles are tough enough to be tapped with a hammer. I made a little tray for the set which is a very useful way of using and storing them. I allowed a space for one of my dovetail marking knives, also with an African Blackwood handle.


Fine, sharp tools are needed for crisp results on this small scale.

The trays all glued up and put on a flat surface to set. I checked very carefully for squareness, taking the reading from the inside of the trays so as not to get a false reading from the protruding dovetails.

No comments:

Post a Comment