Sunday 6 July 2014

Latest Issue of F&C Magazine


Over the last two or three years the quality of the articles and the editorial input has generally declined in most woodworking magazines. But I'm very pleased to see that Furniture and Cabinetmaking has gone the other way, no doubt thanks to the hard work of it's editor Derek Jones. This months issue was one of the best I've read.
Kicking off with four pages of interesting news and events (sorry about the photos I can't seem to get them the right way up!)

I was interested to see David Wall from White Willow has entered the wooden hand plane market in the UK. His planes look very well made and comfortable to use, you can see them here http://www.whitewillowcricket.co.uk/shop/


There was a review on my squares which is always nice to see.


An article on decorative dovetails by John Bullar was also very interesting and informative.


A fascinating 5 page profile of Neil and Pam Erasmus from Australia was great see, I've long been an admirer of their work.


Another dovetail article, this time seven pages on how to prepare, mark up and cut this fine hexagonal bowl. I think I would need a bit more time on my hands before attempting this one!


And finally a five page article on the T Norris and sons, the most famous of the infill plane makers of yesteryear, featuring some rare and beautiful planes from the Russell collection.


It's no surprise that sales of F&C are increasing strongly in the US and for anyone thinking of subscribing I would highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello David,

    It's nice of you to mention me on your blog, I feel honoured. I haven't had chance to pick up a copy yet but I'm looking forward to having a read.

    Love reading the blog, keep up the good work.
    Regards
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David, No problem and good luck with the planes! All the best, David.

      Delete