Monday 5 September 2016

Table Saw Accident, Follow up.


For those of you who saw my post back in July showing Johns nasty hand injuries, here's an update in his own words,

'The good news is after four weeks and lots of attention my two badly
damaged fingers are still attached. It has been a difficult time, with
more pain than I'd have thought possible from such relatively small
wounds, but the odds of me keeping both fingers have improved. The next
few weeks will tell, and my surgeon has warned me that my body's best
efforts to heal might not suffice given the extent of the damage.

I'm staying positive, however, and in the expectation of a good outcome
I've been acquiring the tools I need to master the art of dovetailing.
The attached photo shows the gear I've gathered guided by your advice,
including one of your 1:6 guides, your brass hammer, a beautiful set of
Blue Spruce dovetail chisels, a Knew Concept fret saw, a Gyokucho 372
Dozuki saw, a lovely Hamilton marking gauge, and of a DVD by some bloke
named David! As you can see, I'm sporting a bandage and the product of a
break from shaving.

I'm looking forward to putting all this equipment to good use as soon as
I can hold a tool properly and safely.'

9 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're on the mend John.

    Table saws scare the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that you are on the mend. I hope you don't have to wait to long before you can start using that very nice collection of tools.
    All the best Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a similar accident several years ago. Although not as extreme, it healed quit nicely. Good luck in your healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a similar accident several years ago. Although not as extreme, it healed quit nicely. Good luck in your healing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post... Rent Furniture with best quality and affordable price only at Mutterfly apps, Mumbai’s best Online items rental portal............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouraging comments! I've made great progress in the last couple of weeks and it seems I'll end up with reasonable use of the damaged fingers. I've even started some gentle woodworking again, although the table saw still gives me the shivers! Stay safe, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, That's great to hear and nice to see the support. All the best, David.

      Delete
  7. The writer understand better the mind of people what they want to learn through their writing therefore this article is outstanding. Thanks!!!

    Mark Simons

    ReplyDelete
  8. The amount of power the motor of the saw uses doesn't always translate to more power at the actual cutting blade. The design of the motor's inner-workings plays a role. Also, there are times when having a saw that pulls 15 amps may not be desirable. best pole saws 2020

    ReplyDelete