Tuesday 4 December 2012

Wide Belt Sander


This morning my new wide belt sander arrived. My last one was a Senior drum sander which I couldn't get on with, it burned the wood on all but the coarsest grit which wasn't much help. I'm sure this is to do with the friction of the rotating drum, hopefully the much longer belt will be a lot better.
The capacity is 18" but with an open end this can be doubled, in theory!
It weighs 215kg and is top heavy so I was glad we had the builders in to give a hand. My workshop is down  a sloping gravel drive so I'm limited as to the size of machinery I can man handle in. My heaviest machine is a Felder table saw at 400 kg and that's about the limit.

Here it is in it's final resting place butting up against my island sited work bench. The infeed section is across the bench and the outfeed space is shared with the planer thicknesser. When you have a cosy workshop every inch is valuable! The sander comes with extendible supports for the width as well as the length which is useful. Once I have set it all up I will report on performance.

11 comments:

  1. nice post an nice artice.thnk you very much
    Belt Sander l

    ReplyDelete
  2. good review. I have actually read a lot of your blog posts in the last hour. I really enjoy what you are doing here. (And as a writer of fantasy novels, I'm enjoying looking at different aspects of that when you go through them in blog post). And truly, I love world-culture building.
    toolsadvisors

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sander comes with extendible supports for the width as well as the length which is useful - that's true! I am also a woodworker, so i agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious how you get on with this new drum sander after posting this article. Perhaps I will have a look around to see whether there was a detailed drum sander review for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun & Cool Gadget From China Sale CN/US/UK Warehouse. Shop Now! Marion Cruz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! Read More

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have actually read a lot of your blog posts in the last hour. I really enjoy what you are doing here.Thank you for helping people get the information about heavy machines Edge bander they need Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I am very interested to your post because i have more vonfusion in these matter. Thank Yoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi David Barron, I read the post entirely. As a best drum sander, its performances are outstanding. I have also got some extra knowledge about the sander from this site. I think it will help to other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear David, I’ve no doubts you’ve done some research while writing on Wide Belt Sander. I would expect more of this in your next write-ups, so I could get help from your information to create some content for our followers and the website Spottingpro.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks David for sharing your story.Waiting to read more.

    ReplyDelete